20071125

Contributors to Expanding Metaverse

All of the work (and believe me, it is work) presented here is the property of the individual artists. All of their rights are reserved. So, no lifting without permission. Contact information can probably be found on the contributors' pages. If not, check with me to contact anyone whose work you wish to use: libramoon42@mindspring.com




Craig Blair

Craig Blair received his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania . The many places that have displayed his work include the Bowling Green State University Planitarium, the Fort Wayne Museum of Art and the Center of Science and Industry in Toledo. His works can be found in private collections in throughout the United States and in Europe. He was the show coordinator (and participating artist) of the International Surrealist Show 2006 in Spencer, Iowa. He serves as President of the Weston Arts Council.
Craig lives in Northwest Ohio with his wife, Alaire, and his daughter, Briana, where he is in the process of restoring a 100 year old house.
Visit Craig's web site at
www.surrealogic.com.




Robert Michael Cerello

was born in Glen Cove, Long Island, New York, and presently divides time between San Diego, CA, USA and Europe. He is an Objectivist philosopher and author. He graduated from Sayville High School, Pomona College, Laverne University's Teacher's program and holds an MA from the University of Virginia and an ESL certificate from S.D.S.U. He has written plays, novels, short stories, songs, screenplays, criticism, non-fiction, verse and poetry for forty years. He aspires to be a scientist of the arts and is well-known as a lecturer, actor, singer and teacher.




Cody Seekins

My art is much akin to an archeological dig but of a psychological nature. I alternate between moods, states, contexts through a period of time working on a project, and try to allow those variations to include themselves as a feedback with as much possible precision in the process of building the ultimate image. It might also be appropriate to say that i make work of a shamanic nature through a practice of some kind of animism coupled with the formal trainings of classical academic representations.

Short description of me: I grew up as a child as a military dependant for the U.S. Army, and traveled extensively to live in locations throughout the United States as well as Europe, chiefly Italy and Germany. Once i began creating art it was oriented in the pursuit of the fantastic not only in the experience of making work as a feedback mechanism but also in the final image, which generally places me in what many consider to be a surrealism. Later i explored representational excellence at Wichita State University and now build paintings which are evolving hybrids of those two sets of styles. In terms of artist statements i generally do not try to give a literary meaning to the work because i find that such a stark rationalism given to audiences creates confusion and stifles the opportunity for the observer to give meaning to the piece themselves from the vantage point of their context.

The best place to find more of my work, information about shows, and to reach me via email is my website:
http://www.codyart.tk

I currently have a BA in Studio Art in Painting and continue to expand that degree as well as to pursue another degree related to Math and Physics.




Rev. Rebecca Guile Hudson

“I have known and cherished this spectacular, gorgeous, quite remarkable woman, for the last 12 years. She contributes so much of her light, generosity and genuine love to every one she meets – no one is a stranger to her. I believe everyone and anyone can and will benefit from knowing her, knowing about her.

Her story is quite unique: She spent her first 17 years at the torture level of abuse (3rd worst out of 4 levels of abuse). Now, 37 years later, even as she lives daily (with some humor, even) with the resultant psychological difficulties, she is the award-winning author of Out of Cullen Street (A House of Madness), (available at
amazon.com), and is an internationally published, award-winning poet. She belongs to Phi Theta Kappa, the Academy of American Poets, and is the Secretary/Treasurer of the Valencia County branch of the New Mexico State Poetry Society.

She is also an Editorial Advisor for The Taj Mahal Review, an international journal, of arts, culture and literature, a founding member of the Rosa Parks Wall of Tolerance & the Martin Luther King, Jr., Memorial Project, as well as being a member of Doctors W/out Borders, Amnesty International, the Interfaith Alliance & the ACLU, among others.” -- Bill Pearman

Poetry came with me when I came here to earth.

Literary Awards:
2007 – 1st Place, Valley Visions, Writings and Find Art from the Rio Abajo
2007 – Semifinalist in Poetrysoup.com’s quarterly contest
2007 – The International Who’s Who in Poetry
2006 – Honorable Mention, Sol Magazine Winter Edition (online)
2006 - International Poetry Award of Excellence;
2005 - 1st prize in Poetrysoup.com's first international online contest;
2005 - International Poetry Award of Excellence;
2005 - The International Who's Who in Poetry
2004 - President's Certificate of Literary Excellence;
2003 - Shakespeare Trophy of Excellence
2003, 2002 - Nominated International Poet of the Year; named International Poet of Merit by the National Society of Poets

Sample Works Featured online at:


http://emergingvisions.blogspot.com/;
http://www.writesight.com/;
http://www.poetrysoup.com/;
http://www.trextop.com/article/category/arts-and-entertainment/poetry/; http://ezinearticles.com/
http://www.poetrypoem.com/waterdragon;
http://www.poemhunter.com/
http://www.myspace.com/peacegenerator
http://gallery.poetshaven.com/
http://www.poemsabout.com/
http://waterdragon.gather.com/
http://www.uberarticles.com/articles/indexser.php

Books in which my poetry has been published:

The Taj Mahal Review-International Journal of Arts, Culture and Literature: 2003 thru 2007 so far;
Explorers (Anthology) (2004);
The Ferment of Images (Anthology) (2004);
Symphonies (Anthology) (2003);
Summer & Autumn 2003 anthologies from The People’s Poet in the UK
PoetryMagazine.com (Spring, Summer anthologies, 2003)
Last, not least, I am a Minister with Universal Ministries.





LeKiss

I have been an artist and poet since a very young child. After a career in Nursing for 17 years ended by disabling accident, I now have time to pursue my art I vowed never to stop as both of my very talented parents had. I am currently working seriously in Primarily Prismacolor Pencil and have completed several works in preparation to create a portfolio at last. Due to physical disability, I have to work on a much smaller scale but have found my forte in this form of art.

I also enjoy working a plethora of other media. The piece shown here is one of my first graphic art works. Visual art is my focus and first love poetry my second. The poems I write come to me in wave like surges of passion. The task of compiling them is partially completed and has been a bit daunting. I am finding I enjoy working a piece of art to words I’ve written and vice verse.

Currently I’m working on my website, which is, not up yet. Meanwhile, you can see more of my work here:
http://people.tribe.net/lekiss
My E-Mail is Lekiss@cox.net

Blessings

Leslie Ekiss






Willowdown

Born 1953, Liverpool. Have worked as a librarian, peanut butter processor, dishwasher and dogsbody in too many hotels to mention. Also an artist - have contributed many black and white third world studies to numerous journals globally, often affiliated with Ananda Marga Yoga society for whom I've done voluntary work in S.E. Asia, including mural painting and work in various social projects. Also worked as a volunteer at a large orphanage in Thailand. Currently making and hand-painting jewelry/ craft boxes displaying fairies, dragons, Winnie the Pooh. Working off and on at a few appalling fantasy novels. Occasionally make dolls houses, castles and rocking horses... A regular contributor to a number of poetry websites.




Jorge Myztico Campo

Myztico was born in Cuba and raised in the Times Square District of NYC. He is a self taught artist, muralist, musician, filmmaker and writer. His works have been collected by the Museum of Native Americans in Washington, D.C and held in private collections internationally. His work was recently showcased in TheVisionary Revue
http://visionaryrevue.com/webtext4/mystico.html

He has showcased his work throughout the USA and his work can be seen and heard at: http://myztico.mosaicglobe.com
email address: myztico13@yahoo.com




Kepa Rasmussen

you can see more of my work:
http://www.myspace.com/keparasmussen




Kala Snowflower

I'm very excited to have finished my latest book of poems, Snakebite, and currently am planning an e format release of it. A new book of devotional poems is in the works, so far entitled, Adore. In addition to keeping the flow of poetry alive year after wheel of the year, I am now taking my studies of herbal medicine to the next level by growing herbs and preparing my own medicines. Last year I received my third Reiki attunement; and I recently began teaching classes in Reiki and passing attunements. I am enjoying this work immensely and learning so much in the process. My work as a healer and my work as a poet flow from the same source. I am grateful to be able to continue and deepen my understanding of life and love through my Art and artful living. You can reach me at kalaalak@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you about my poetry, the healing arts,or to share in awe over the Beauty of this sweet Earth.




Joey Masciotra

The art work i do is based on my personal study of inanimate objects, life forms, color and ambiguous patterns. I find meaning in my work, usually personal; but i do some commercial work based on themes. My current goal is to produce all of my drawings into
paintings depicting surreal or abstract scenarios. The drawings i have collected since 1990 all are dying to be painted. Single imagery seems to be more aesthetic, however I have taken on the task of involving the drawings together to create more sync. Enjoy





Laurie Corzett/libramoon

is seeking clarity, wisdom, and ecstatic union with visions and art. She is always moving into new (or resurrected) projects, including Emerging Visions, visionary art ezine; Seers and Seekers Yahoo Group; The Healing Dance Network Yahoo Group; Visionary Arts and Minds Tribe; anthologies of her writings; a leisurely emerging novel working title: Something Sacred; a quickly evolving (envisioned as) graphic novel (anyone want to do the graphics?), Acts of Desolation: http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977172809
as well as her Flash Utopian Fiction Project: series of flash fiction pieces around a federation of diverse villages each working out their methods of community life -- little dramatic impacts illustrating creative solutions to social problems (temporily shelved due to lack of collaborators).

check out my book: Words from the Sky:
http://www.lulu.com/libramoon
where you can also find
libramoon's observatory (blog)
email:
libramoon42@mindspring.com




Virginia Patrick

I am honored to say my work has been chosen for several magazines in the past year. Being a texas artist, I am known for various mediums of choice...pastel, charcoal, and watercolor are in the majority of my latest creations. I love to work with warm colors and try different styles and techniques. I love to take my originals, edit them to make several versions and showcase them in one display. I have several places to find and purchase my pieces. Please feel free to contact me for prices, and or commissions. @virginiapatrick@hotmail.com
Thnkx! Virginia Patrick

http://www.virginiapatrick.deviantart.com/
www.eyeoftheart.com/virginiapatrick
www.trig.com/virginiapatrick
www.myartspace.com/viewer/gallery/?subscriberid=bwe02bs7g9q50s31&gallery_id=fhd4udknp9u3nc72
www.myartprofile.com/virginia
www.eyemyart.com/index.php?author=65
www.redbubble.com/people/virginiapatrick





Jim Ross

I am the only subject I rarely write about; not that my life even remotely resembles “dull”, or is chary of light, but because it is by nature, looking within—a process best applied for reflecting on issues of personal survival, and the resulting efforts. Emerging visions on the other hand requires reaching forth with sensitivity to all things unknown, or where knowledge is incomplete. I find great passion for the quest; it culminates in works expressed in poetic forms, written and visual; stuff of the senses, metaphors to prompt quick, heart pounding trips to the stars—or reflectively, to a windswept beach to toss sticks to a wet, wagging dog.




Stevon Lucero

In human psychology and in contemporary art, there is an area between the purely abstract and the purely realistic. This is the area in which Denver artist Stevon Lucero maneuvers, exploring the edges of his subconscious mind where thought begins to intrude on the real world. Out of images seen in dreams, visions and separate reality experiences, Lucero creates powerful painted metaphors. His paintings are neither reflections of the visible world as in realism, nor depictions of the subconscious as in surrealism. Lucero's unique visualizations are somewhere in between – so he calls his work Metarealism. The psychological border area is the source of his creativity. The reality within is more intriguing than the external reality. Internal images become paintings when they have a powerful effect on Lucero. They also become messages that have something to say to all audiences. In his paintings, Lucero is always synthesizing what his introspective vision produces, gleaning forms, themes, and ideas that portray the similarities that unite humanity psychologically, not the differences that divide it perceptually.

Stevon Lucero can be contacted at:
http://www.stevonlucero.com/
or email: stevon@stevonlucero.com




Fred Hose

I'm a qualified MSc graduate engineer and worked in a steelworks, on two mines and in a project office for many years. I was regarded as very successful engineer and because of this was sent to many parts of the world as a troubleshooter and dealmaker.
I was also an exchange student and as such spent several years in Germany. While there, I was placed in a hostel with 40 Indians. Because of other events before and staying in this hostel, I became deeply involved in things Indian including learning about their ancient culture, their traditions. At one stage we formed a cricket team and did a tour of six English villages.
I was married, but after 6 months of marriage, my wife collapsed with a brain tumour. The operation failed and she lay in bed, a virtual vegetable. In this period I learned how to pray and come into close contact with God. She died, mercifully, after a year.
Then during an anaesthesia for an operation, I felt that I recieved a command to write. I was told to write and have compassion as my theme. As a result of this event, on leaving hospital, I resigned from my work and began writing. This happened about three years ago.
Since then I've written 5 unpublished novels and many stories and poems which I've sent to three writers' organisations. One of these novels is being considered by a Bollywood producer for the making of a full feature movie.





Che Gozin and Sandy Viktor Nys

http://hybryds.exto.nl/




David Harrington

I currently reside in Portland, Oregon with my wife Dawn and two sons. I have lived here for nearly twenty years now, but am originally from the East Coast.

The pieces here are from my collection of short, spiritually-charged allegories written over a twenty year period. These stories are rich with symbolism and strong characterization, but are both figurative and literal.

Several of my spiritual poems have recently been published in other online journals. They are as follows:


1) "Tiny Seed" - Esoteric Quarterly, Summer 2007 edition
2) "Golden Harp" -

the-journals.org/harrington/harp.htm

3) "Flashback" - Mystic Living Today, August 2007 issue
4) "Great Mother" - Autumn Leaves, Sept. 2007 issue

email:
dawn8217harr@yahoo.com







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?