20100401

HoLy ChAOs Contributors

*
*
All of the work (and believe me, it is work) presented here is the property of the individual artists. All of their rights are reserved. So, no lifting without permission. Contact information can probably be found on the contributors' pages. If not, check with me to contact anyone whose work you wish to use: libramoon42@mindspring.com

for Submission Guidelines:  
http://emergingvisions.blogspot.com/2010/04/submission-guidelines-i-am-looking-for.html




Robert Donaghey

http://www.artisticgenius.com/kiss.htm





Gabe Marquez

The artwork of Gabe Marquez stems from a fascination for the other-wordly creatures and objects within his imagination. The architecture of these creatures is deeply rooted in symbology and color. External influences include astronomy, nature, sci-fi movies, design, architecture and literature.

http://www.gabemarquez.com/





Willowdown

Born 1953, Liverpool. Have worked as a librarian, peanut butter processor, dishwasher and dogsbody in too many hotels to mention. Also an artist - have contributed many black and white third world studies to numerous journals globally, often affiliated with Ananda Marga Yoga society for whom I've done voluntary work in S.E. Asia, including mural painting and work in various social projects. Also worked as a volunteer at a large orphanage in Thailand. Currently making and hand-painting jewelry/ craft boxes displaying fairies, dragons, Winnie the Pooh. Working off and on at a few appalling fantasy novels. Occasionally make dolls' houses, castles and rocking horses... A regular contributor to a number of poetry websites.





John Stocks

I am a UK based poet who has had work published in magazines worldwide and is widely anthologised. I have twice been nominated for the Pushcart prize; and the English National Poetry Library at The Royal Festival hall have recently asked for copy write for some of my work.

Recent poetry has appeared, or is scheduled to appear, in a wide variety of magazines in the United Kingdom including magazines featured in the ‘Ink-Writers Guild’ as being in the top ten most innovative and inspirational magazines in the UK. Magazines include: Candelabrum, The Coffee House magazine, the Dawntreader, Coffee House, Pennine Platform, Littoral, Other Poetry, Manifold. Poetry Monthly, Harlequin, Tadeeb International ( translated into Urdu), Taj Mahal review, Avacado, Involution and Interlude. I am also featured in The Cinnamon Press anthology, ‘Shape Shifting’

I am currently working on a first novel and also write short stories; winning the Carillon magazine, short story competition, and working with a senior detective from The Greater Manchester Police force on a crime novel. Thank you, in advance, for your time and consideration in reading my work.






Clancy Cavnar

My work is visionary, and reflects my interest in several esoteric spiritual paths.
I have experienced profound transformation in my studies of shamanism and plant teachers and the Santo Daime; and that is reflected in my work.
In my meditations I have encountered the eternal source of creativity; and I try to convey what I perceive of this and pay tribute to the spiritual world we cannot photograph or see with our physical eyes.
My style is representational, but psychedelic; influenced by the religious art of India, Mexico and South America.

I am currently studying for my doctorate in clinical psychology at John F. Kennedy University


clancy@clancycavnar.com




Michael Lee Johnson

is a poet and freelance writer from Itasca, Illinois. His new poetry chapbook with pictures, titled From Which Place the Morning Rises, and his new photo version of The Lost American: from Exile to Freedom are available at: http://stores.lulu.com/promomanusa. The original version of The Lost American: from Exile to Freedom, can be found at: http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book_detail.asp?isbn=0-595-46091-7. He also has 2 previous chapbooks available at: http://stores.lulu.com/poetryboy.

Michael has been published in over 22 countries. He is also editor/publisher of four poetry sites, all open for submission, which can be found at his Web site:
http://poetryman.mysite.com. All of his books are now available on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=michael+lee+johnson. Borders: http://www.borders.com.au/book/lost-american-from-exile-to-freedom/1566571/. Now on You-Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih5WJrjqQ18. E-mail: promomanusa@gmail.com. Audio Mp3 poems available; open to interviews.

Follow Michael Lee Johnson On:

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/poetrymanusa

Twitter: http://twitter.com/poetrymanusa

MySpace.com: http://www.myspace.com/469391029





little lightening bolt mccoy

Marcus McCoy Lives in Olympia Wa. Marcus is an animist and has been teaching about animism for many years. His work is inspired by the visions he has seen through shamanic healing work; and hopes to show through his work a glimpse of spirit in the animist world.

Marcus has seen that there are transpersonal relational dynamics involved in nature that we can sense and participate in fully aware, Marcus's goal is to bring awareness of those aspects of the whole to those that have not yet awakened to the possibility that there is more to be seen and known; and to encourage those that have to continue on.

If you are interested in showing some of his work, or buying a print, or require him to co-create with you on some projects, please drop him an email at


littlelighteningbolt@gmail.com

A note on visionary art...
In general visionary art seems to focus on specific phenomena that is, in my opinion, only one spectrum of the visionary experience. It has become in some ways slightly trite: day glow alien landscapes, angelic guides and ecological elves. In my work I like to focus some on the shadow. In participating in shamanic healing work we often come across in our visionary experiences that which some perceive as dark, difficult material, wrathful energies and beings, disturbing symbolism and metaphor. Remembering that it is the light that casts shadows, and as always attempting to, as the Nepalese shamans do, keep my back to the shamanic fire, the light is consistently protecting my back while projecting my shadow ahead of me. I do this so that I can consistently work with the shadow material to benefit others. At times this work is successful to such a degree that I become transparent and the light of this fire shines through to the point where there is no shadow at all. This is often quite temporary... My hope is to inspire a commitment to this healing work in others, so that the light at their back can at times, when it is needed most, shine through them as well.
Bless and be blessed
Marcus McCoy
AKA Little Lightening Bolt


http://www.flickr.com/photos/30759095@N02/





Gale Acuff

I have had poetry published in Ascent, Ohio Journal, Florida Review, Poem, Maryland Poetry Review, Adirondack Review, Danse Macabre, Worcester Review, South Dakota Review, Santa Barbara Review, and many other journals. I have authored three books of poetry: Buffalo Nickel (BrickHouse, 2004), The Weight of the World (BrickHouse, 2006), and The Story of My Lives (BrickHouse, 2008).

I have taught university English in the US, China, and the Palestinian West Bank.






Bayou Faiza

I studied art fine arts of Algiers (1982-1988). After ten years of teaching art in high school, I had to stop and devote myself entirely to painting. I participated in several group exhibitions; but my biggest wish is to be known and exhibit around the world.

My artistic approach takes the form of a quest intuitive to me, every day deepening of the mystical aspiration that drives me since my childhood.

I always worked on the topics that impassioned me. The poetic quality of life is given by the emotions, by what we live in emotion, enjoyment setting in motion a feeling, an emotion that I have inside me and I need to express otherwise than by words, a form of language. This is going from inside to outside. My eye picks up and runs my hand.

Faced with my paintings, I experiment constantly with new techniques, drawing from deep within myself. My imaginary world always brings me back to the warm colors of my sometimes violent experiences.

Everything that I create represents me; and what I reveal in my work is my inner world...

I really consider painting as an adventure, I always want to discover and not to any master.
In art as in life, I am willing to be surprised, to be moved elsewhere because it is an open door to the unknown

http://www.art-faye.com





Steve David

I've been writing poetry, this time around, since 1996 and responding to, or confluencing with art since 2003.
A work of art will knock at the door of my perception, announce, "Here I am" and proceed to tell me, "I want you to tell a story."
It may ask me to tell what I see or to use my imagination; sometimes it tells me to fantasize; other times it asks that I recall memories. Once in a while it demands I tell others what it directly tells me. I never know what it wanted until the piece is written, and I read the words I've put on paper.

Brief bio:

I'm of Canadian-American descent, a Brooklynite, currently living with 2 dogs, surrounded by books and music, single but looking. Eccentric, of course. I've taught on the college level for years, on the jr. high school level for many more. I spent a number of years as a truck driver; and have been a cartographer for a few others.

Other examples of my works may be seen at my blog,
www.theskaldicsoul.blogspot.com or at my website, www.theskaldicsoul.com
I can be contacted at sdavid@theskaldicsoul.com





Cristine Cambria

You can see more images on
http://www.ccambrea.com/





Laurie Corzett/libramoon

seeking outlet for those crazy thoughtstreams, is always moving into new (or resurrected) projects, including Emerging Visions visionary art 'zine ; Seers and Seekers Yahoo Group; The Healing Dance Network Yahoo Group;Visionary Arts and Minds http://visionartmind.ning.com; anthologies of her writings; an experimental metafiction, working title: Something Sacred http://caelastory.blogspot.com/; a (envisioned as) graphic novel (anyone want to do the graphics?), Acts of Desolation: http://www.gather.com/aod; as well as her Utopian Flash Fiction Project -- series of flash fiction pieces around a federation of diverse villages each working out their methods of community life -- little dramatic impacts illustrating creative solutions to social problems: http://tribes.tribe.net/uff.

check out my book: Words from the Sky: http://www.lulu.com/libramoon; then, there's lunar ramblings: http://lunaramble.blogspot.com
email: libramoon42@mindspring.com





Marthana Yusa

My full name : Made Marthana Yusa
Nationality : Indonesian
Residence : Bali, island of GOD
Current occupation :colorist on Tales Vanima Forest comic at
strivearth.com

Online portfolio :www.angelmarthy.deviantart.com

"Massive War Against Sad Ripu" is about how chaos is the war against ourselves, conscience, the bad and negative consciences. It consists of the "holy" message of how great our spiritual life would be if we could control ourselves.

and

A New Beginning - There is always chaos in every new beginning before an end. Vulcanoes erupt wild, then create chaos before a new beautiful pond or lake is created. Toba Lake in North Sumatra-Indonesia fits the task. A mythical Phoenix must burn himself to be reborn into a new shape, a new form, a new body and a new spirit.





Scott C. Riley

I am a teacher and writer in the Oakland/Bay Area.





Alkistis Wechsler

www.absolutearts.com/alkistis



Sofia Bogdanovich

websites: http://www.studiospaceandtime.com/
sofiaspacetime.deviantart.com






Quinn Blackburn

Yes, my first name really is Quinn... but I will also answer to Mom or Entwife. I enjoy Beauty wherever I find it, Nature, Music, and Art in all their forms. I consider these to be True and Sacred things. These are things that feed us in non-physical ways that are just as vital to our well being as food.

My day job pays my bills and has very little to do with my artistic side, although I suppose it is "character building". I guess I would say I see myself as a writer before any other crafting, but I do love to hand embroider, sew, draw, paint, sculpt with clay or paper mache, and take pictures with our digital… as well as several other odd craftings when the mood strikes me.

I have three wonderful children who are blossoming into the most amazing adults I know. Alan, my husband, and I have been together over two decades. We drive each other nuts, but it’s a good nuts… with chocolate coating. :) I look to All My Relations for advice, wisdom, and inspiration. I’m a Gemini with Pisces rising…everything else is subject to change without notice.






William C. Burns, Jr.

Bill is a level 11 metamystic metaphysician. Previously a guardian class dragon, he has been reconfigured as a hunter class explorer and has been equipped to chart the climes and skylines of the Outer Zones.
Bill is currently looking for a muse to whom he would offer all manner of written adoration.

Quixotic as ever

may you learn from every conflict
and may all your transitions be upward . . .





Moe Holmes




Brian King

http://undergroundrisingunited.com




Cher Lyn

It seems that the further away we stray from our natural relationship with the Earth and God, the emptier we feel. In this emptiness we strive to fill the void with “material things,” which in the end only find ourselves feeling more separateness... When electronics and entertainment distract with the illusion that they make life more interesting, it’s a warning that you have given your power away, straying from what otherwise could be a rich, healthy and meaningful life. Nature is powerful beyond our imagination as is human. Human and nature coming together working co-creatively is far beyond our wildest dreams.

Mystical Magical Blessings, Cher Lyn

http://www.mysticartmedicine.com/
Creation: Medicine Card





Cage Inoye





Anna Ravliuc Blum





Sonia Melnikova-Raich

was born and trained as an architect and artist in Moscow, Russia, and has been living in San Francisco since 1987. Later in life she discovered photography; but her training as an architect and painter remains present in her work. She likes to explore the abstract in the material world; and strives to emphasize geometry and texture of the plane and deemphasize three-dimensionality of the form to bring the viewer’s attention to the physical surface of the photograph, its tangible qualities, pictorial aspects and composition. As to her objects, she looks for grace, poetry and mystique in the most common of things around. In that respect she feels strong affinity with the Japanese philosophy and aesthetics of wabi-sabi, with its focus on the transient nature of things and reverence of the beauty and dignity in old things. Sonia exhibits in the Bay Area and is a finalist of many prestigious art and photography juried exhibits. Her works can be also seen at

http://art.soniamelnikova.com/.

Transformation of Buddha Triptych
Traditional Buddhism teaches that in his previous lives Buddha was called Bodhisattva – "the compassionate one", who was on his way to become the Buddha. “Transformation of Buddha” triptych by Sonia Melnikova-Raich is a visual commentary to the Thervada Buddhist school belief in transformation of Buddha to Bodhisattva, from teacher to angel, which suggests that as humans we prefer affection over wisdom; more than knowledge, we need love. At the same time it is an example of the transformation of the artist’s own technique from representational photography to photo-based abstract art.








Deborah Nicola

Her spiritual memoir, The Future That Brought Her Here, was recently released from Nicholas Hays/Ibis Press. A second full collection of poetry, Original Human, is forthcoming in 2010 from WordTech Press. Deborah edited the anthology Orpheus & Company; Contemporary Poems on Greek Mythology, from The University Press of New England. Previous books include Where Divinity Begins from Alice James Books and three award winning chapbooks, most recently Inside Light from Finishing Line Press. Among other awards, Deborah has received an NEA Fellowship. She won The Packingtown Review’s Analytical Essay Award, and the Santa Barbara Poetry Contest in 2008 and is included in The Best of The Net 2008 Anthology. Her poetry is published widely in journals and online.





Clyde Grauke

Clyde is a writer, artist, and photographer who has been seriously involved in spiritual self-improvement and metaphysics since 1963. His art and photography have been published in Ascent Aspirations, Cella’s Round Trip, Cezanne’s Carrot, Eclecticism, Fickle Muses, and Sacramento Poetry, Art, and Music.

His literary works have been published in Hoi Polloi, Sacramento Poetry, Art, and Music, Bitterroot International Poetry Journal, and American Review Lifestyle Journal.

He and his wife are retired and live in Texas.

Links to his galleries and updates regarding his art can be found at:
http://twinmesas.blogspot.com

and links and updates regarding his literary works can be found at: http://arroyos-seco.blogspot.com




Dione Wang

I grew up in Singapore and love walking in its city streets. I like poetry, dance and beautiful stationery. I make time to run, write, and fall in love. My email address is wang.dione@gmail.com and I have a facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/dione.wang.




Daniel B. Holeman

I am about Truth, Beauty, and Inspiration.
http://www.AwakenVisions.com

*

*





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?