20100809

Contributors to Starry Desires

*
*

All of the work (and believe me, it is work) presented here is the property of the individual artists. All of their rights are reserved. So, no lifting without permission. Contact information can probably be found on the contributors' pages. If not, check with me to contact anyone whose work you wish to use: libramoon42@mindspring.com


Find the Submission Guidelines Here:

http://emergingvisions.blogspot.com/2010/08/submission-guidelines.html





Julia Still

All my works are in mixed media and traditionally executed with a pair of lucky scissors, glue and heavy books of all kinds for pressing. Any computer effects are only to correct wrinkles in paper, reflections in scanning and unforeseen "bloops". Since I am recovering from brain surgery,my eyes do not tolerate the computer for long.

I consider my artwork as a tremendous gift from my imagination, my body and the Divine. It is steeped in symbols,archetypes and what treasures are to be unearthed from my unconscious. It is my language because images come to me more naturally than words. I create my images hopefully to contribute not only to my healing but to anyone who may need it, and that includes this home of ours called Earth. I pray that each and everyone's individual journey is blessed and guided by the stars and that this planet is surrounded by love and care.

You can see a more extensive collection of my work:
www.labelleetlabeteart.deviantart.com.




Laurie Corzett/libramoon

seeking outlet for those crazy thoughtstreams, is always moving into new (or resurrected) projects, including Emerging Visions visionary art 'zine:http://emergingvisions.blogspot.com; Seers and Seekers Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seerseeker/; The Healing Dance Network Yahoo Group: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/healingdance/; Visionary Arts and Minds Tribe; anthologies of her writings; an experimental metafiction, working title:
Something Sacred
http://caelastory.blogspot.com/; a (envisioned as) graphic novel (anyone want to do the graphics?), Acts of Desolation: http://caelastory.blogspot.com/2009_03_01_archive.html; as well as her Utopian Flash Fiction Project -- series of flash fiction pieces around a federation of diverse villages each working out their methods of community life -- little dramatic impacts illustrating creative solutions to social problems: http://tribes.tribe.net/uff.

check out my book: Words from the Sky:
http://www.lulu.com/libramoon;
then, there's lunar ramblings:
http://lunaramble.blogspot.com
email:
libramoon42@mindspring.com




John Vega

www.johnvega.com
www.dancingimage.com




Terreson

Poet, sometime novelist, short story writer, and essayist. Said with some tongue in cheek, but when asked about my career I tend to think of what Djuna Barnes said about herself late in life: America's best kept literary secret. One reviewer has said of my work: "Terreson's is a masculine voice that heeds the feminine, and unites these contrasting aspects into a rich, harmonizing body of experience." I can go with that, at least viewed as motive. I've always kept to a daytime job and not just for money. These years it involves honey bees and honey bee queens in the Deep South.

I can be found on Delectable Mnts Salon Chat poetry board:
http://bdelectablemnts.runboard.com/ -- "DM styles itself on the salon notion. It looks to be a gathering of free thinkers, dilettantes, amateurs (which means 'lover of the thing'), aficionados (which means 'to have an affection for the thing,'), and conversationalists for whom conversation is as essential as bread and water. Ideally the board is a place where doctors of philosophy, mathematicians, poets, outlaws, technicians, experts, liberal artists, housewives, garbage collectors, and desperados can bounce ideas and experience off each other."




Julia Weaver

is an environmental arts educator, a licensed psychotherapist, and an exhibiting artist. She has more than 25 years experience combining the arts and cross cultural practices, particularly the creation of mandalas and gardens for individual, community, and global healing. Her 30 years of spiritual practice include Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, Navajo and Sufi traditions.

While swimming off the Kona coast in 1996, Julia had a mystical experience where she spontaneously received mandala images, which took her artwork into deeper dimensions of healing and spiritual practice. Two weeks later, she began studying with Dr. Judith Cornell, author of Mandala: Luminous Symbols for Healing and Willow Scheel-Kushler. She gratefully apprenticed and assisted her mentors in workshops through 2001.

“For several years I had been praying for a vehicle to express my spiritual visions that wasn't about me personally, but encompassed the whole. The Mandala process turned out to be the ideal form.”

After receiving the mandalas, she was blessed to swim with a small pod of wild spinner dolphins with only her family and two other women for several hours. She has experienced deep physical healing and spiritual awakening through her contact with these highly evolved beings. Many of her mandalas have been birthed in her annual pilgrimages to Hawaii. Since 1996, she has offered mandala workshops for adults and children in her studio in the San Francisco Bay area and across the US, as well as dolphin swims retreats in Hawaii. Her adult workshops were featured in New Age Journals Body and Soul (spring 2001), and she co-facilitated a workshop for children with Julia Butterfly Hill and Jane Goodall at the Kinship with All Life conference held in San Francisco. A passionate environmental arts educator, Julia designs and facilitates rites-of-passage ceremonies and combines the Mandala Process with tree planting, gardening, and collages to promote community revitalization and ecological healing. In response to the events of September 11th, 2001, she created large-scale community interactive Peace Mandalas called “One World One Heart”. Her chapter on “Goddesses of the Ocean” is featured in the forthcoming book, Feminist Mystical Artists. She also uses the mandala process as a creative consultant with non-profit organizations and is available for consultations or embodied psychotherapy sessions in person and by phone.

A licensed psychotherapist, her 30 years of incorporating embodied expressive arts, movement & spiritual practice include Buddhism, Vedanta, Shamanic & Sufi traditions, along with Sensory Awareness, Neo Reichian, Continuum, 5 Rhythms, Authentic Movement & Soul Motion. She lives with her human family and two golden retrievers in the woods of Northern California.

**I am now certified Level 1 i Rest Teacher offering dyad and group iRest sessions by phone and in person. ***
http://www.irest.us/..... for a limited time the first session is my gift to you!

More information about her work can be found atwww.MandalaWeaver.com, or by calling Art & Soul at 415-455-5989.




Bill Wagner frater3

Long time songwriter, would be poet - my Muse has taken me to never before realised realms of poetic enlightenment. I prefer to allow ideas to flow, rather than work at finding phrases, etc... Even one word or sound could send me off on a new exploratory path. That first real view of Jupiter through my telescope, along with well known constellations Scorpius and Pluto, left me with a feeling that, once home, ink to paper came naturally.

I can be reached at
bass54@comcast.net




Alex Chornyj

I am from Canada. I am a Reiki master teacher and as such my writing has an esoteric, spiritual accent to its influence. I have been published in books such as White Mountain Publications, in several magazines such as Articulations, The Tower Journal and The Canadian Federation Of Poetry; in online sources such as www.artistsforabetterworld.org , Decanto Magazine, Fashion For Collapse, Awaken Consciousness Magazine. Earthborne Magazine, Michael Solender's site at The Not, and in many blog talk radio spoken word programs such as Shaman's Hand and Poetry Super Highway. My address is xelanire@hotmail.com. I believe an inner consciousness creates a soul from which to see new shades of light. You can view my reiki information at www.jadeyogastudio.com.




Prof. John Paul "Lakan" Olivares

http://lakandiwa.deviantart.com




kitsune miko




Gloria Martin

Although I've not had formal training in any particular media, I dabble in many, and envision myself as a blossoming artisan. To see more of my work I cordially invite you to visit my blog: barefootmuse.blogspot.com.




Craig Blair

received his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. The many places that have displayed his work include the Bowling Green State University Planitarium, the Fort Wayne Museum of Art and the Center of Science and Industry in Toledo. His works can be found in private collections throughout the United States and in Europe. He was the show coordinator (and participating artist) of the International Surrealist Show 2006 in Spencer, Iowa. He serves as President of the Weston Arts Council.

Craig lives in Northwest Ohio with his wife, Alaire, and his daughter, Briana, where he is in the process of restoring a 100 year old house.
Visit Craig's web site at
www.surrealogic.com.




Jude Cowell

Lifelong artist, Jude Cowell, currently works primarily in oil and watercolor pencil on paper. This Georgia native's drawings may be viewed online at Cosmic Persona Designs Art Gallery, and at Dreamyfish Art, where postcards and limited edition prints are available upon request. Cosmic Persona Designs is a collection of archetypal feminine images, cosmic-visionary art (some from an earlier series, Unseen World), children's art, and more. An astrological influence is apparent, for Jude has been a serious astrology novice for 14 years, and is writer and publisher of the Political Astrology blog, Stars Over Washington. Dreamyfish Art is a gallery of Saturn's realism--botanically-drawn tropical fish portraits--blended with Neptune's watery, illusory qualities--a combination which neatly describes the artist's natal Sun Capricorn-Moon Pisces personality. Fish dream, too, and here you may have a sneak peek into their most favorite and secret dream locations undersea at Dreamyfish Art. Several moons ago, Jude was an art student at Atlanta School of Art (now College of Art) on Peachtree Street, and even now you may detect a Fashion Illustration, Layout, and Design influence in her work, especially in the Cosmic Persona Designs collection. You never know what might show up at Cosmic Persona, but you are cordially invited to stop by when you can...and remember that fish dream, too!
For queries, to offer feedback, or for ordering details, email artist at:
judecowell@gmail.com or dreamyfishart@earthlink.net

Wishing Peace, Love, and Art to All,
Jude Cowell

http://cosmicpersonadesigns.blogspot.com/; http://dreamyfishart.blogspot.com/; http://secretmoonart.blogspot.com/; http://limslimericks.blogspot.com/; http://starsoverwashington.com/; and http://www.zazzle.com/cowelljude




William C. Burns, Jr.

Bill is a level 11 metamystic metaphysician. Previously a guardian class dragon, he has been reconfigured as a hunter class explorer and has been equipped to chart the climes and skylines of the Outer Zones.

Bill is currently looking for a muse to whom he would offer all manner of written adoration.

Quixotic as ever

may you learn from every conflict
and may all your transitions be upward . . .




Teseleanu George

I'm a collage artist from Romania.I do my art as a hobby. In real life, actually I’m a student at the Faculty of Mathematics. I draw my inspiration from the surreal and dada movement, and recently I started experimenting with the cubist movement. The reason why I chose collage is it allows me to express my self, although I can’t draw, paint etc. Another reason is because you can do something out of nothing, using only some basic tools -- scissors, glue and paper. If you have any questions you can find me here hrn.deviantart.com
or at blana_de_maimutza@yahoo.com .




Santiago Del Dardano Turann

There is very little to tell about my biography. I was born in April of 1968 in Cincinnati, Ohio, and grew-up in rural Butler county. After a period of wandering I settled in San Francisco, California. I do not have a college degree and have worked blue collar or retail jobs my whole adult life. My website is: http://dardanidae.yolasite.com




Marina Petro

I am an artist, clairvoyant, and present workshops in Intuitive Painting and Intuitive and Psychic Development. My work is considered Visionary and Healing Art. Many of my paintings are created intuitively and flow spontaneously from my imagination. Painting from my inner world demands existing in the moment--responding to impulses and impressions as they arise and seek external life. My still life pieces and more realistic landscapes and florals are painted from life or photographs. This provides the dynamic of a visual reference point in the external world--a radically different experience. One is my internal, spiritual world brought forth and made visible. The other brings the external world into, and through me, for expression. Each is a great adventure, providing unlimited possibilities for creative discovery.

I was recently honored by Rebel, ensemble for Baroque Music in New York, who requested permission to use my painting “Angel Of The Eclipse” in their program “Out of the Eclipse: Music for Transformation and Revelation.” They felt the image would raise the vibration of the concert. My artwork has been used to illustrate national magazine articles, music CD’s, wine bottle collections, and featured in a variety of publications and national magazines. My paintings and prints are in private collections worldwide. I am grateful for the opportunity to share my love of art with you. I hope you are inspired by these paintings, as I have been inspired creating them.
Website:
http://www.marinapetro.com
EMail: phoenix@marinapetro.com




Melissa Lin

is a self taught artist from Malaysia. She enjoys exploring hybrid creatures, anomalies in life, different planes and existences of a surreal bent in her artworks. She will return to school to pursue a degree in Fine Arts at the Academie Minerva in the Netherlands soon.
contact:
redrosesburning@gmail.com
website: redrosesburning.com




Robert Michael Cerello

was born in Glen Cove, Long Island, New York, and presently divides time between San Diego, CA, USA and Europe. He is an Objectivist philosopher and author. He graduated from Sayville High School, Pomona College, Laverne University's Teacher's program and holds an MA from the University of Virginia and an ESL certificate from S.D.S.U. He has written plays, novels, short stories, songs, screenplays, criticism, non-fiction, verse and poetry for forty years. He aspires to be a scientist of the arts and is well-known as a lecturer, actor, singer and teacher.










<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?