20120422

Contributors to "Gifting Gaea"


c
g

All of the work (and believe me, it is work) presented here is the property of the individual artists. All of their rights are reserved. So, no lifting without permission. Contact information can probably be found on the contributors' pages. If not, check with me to contact anyone whose work you wish to use:
libramoon42@mindspring.com




Julia Still

All my works are in mixed media and traditionally executed with a pair of lucky scissors, glue and heavy books of all kinds for pressing. Any computer effects are only to correct wrinkles in paper, reflections in scanning and unforeseen "bloops". Since I am recovering from brain surgery, my eyes do not tolerate the computer for long. I consider my artwork as a tremendous gift from my imagination, my body and the Divine. It is steeped in symbols, archetypes and what treasures are to be unearthed from my unconscious. It is my language because images come to me more naturally than words. I create my images hopefully to contribute not only to my healing but to anyone who may need it, and that includes this home of ours called Earth. I pray that each and everyone's individual journey is blessed and guided by the stars and that this planet is surrounded by love and care.

For the first image, "I Hold These Pearls Close to My Heart," I want to acknowledge the prime inspiration and creation of Sophie Anderson, who created the fairy at the turn of the century. It has become so iconic; and I believe she deserves much recognition and my gratitude.

You can see more of my work on my Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/Journeyart



Teresa Hawkes

Teresa Hawkes here, friends. I am a mother, dancer, poet, publisher (oraculartree.com), certified DancemeditationTM teacher (dancemeditation.org), B.F.A. in Art History (ou.edu), and Ph.D. in Human Physiology (uoregon.edu). I am also a Compleat Nerd and servitor to all cats. I can be reached at teresa.hawkes@gmail.com.

Background Reading: Megalithic architecture was pervasive throughout Europe and suggests a shared culture that was continent-wide. Check out some of the very interesting evidence: Google: Neolithic Period (c. 9500–2000 B.C.) – Bronze Age (c. 3500–1350), Stonehenge, Wiltshire, Great Britain; Rennibister, Earth-house Mainland, Orkney; Ballycrovane Standing Stone County Cork, Ireland; Bryn Celli Ddu BurialChamber and Henge Isle of Anglesey, Gwynedd, Wales; Loanhead of Daviot Recumbent stone Circle Gordon, Grampian, Scotland; Ancient Stones North Brittany, France; Northern part ofMnjandra Temple; Malta; Örenäs Passage Grave, Province Scania South west-coast, between Helsingborg and Landskrona, Sweden. That will get you started.



Paul Bond

Sanctuary
40 x 30 / Oil on Panel / 2011

Inspired by a fellow artist, W. Bradley Elsberry, who created a dress made from eucalyptus bark. His creation sparked an idea that became this painting. The woman serves as respite to the birds flying in mid-ocean. All of us have some place or person that serves as our personal sanctuary. It may be a lover, a child or a parent, home, God, or a combination of all of these. It is a place where we know we are safe to be our true selves without fear of judgement. And in that safety we are free to grow and flower. For me this painting also relates - as many of my works do - to the relationship with my wife, who magically appeared as my personal island of sanctuary during a particularly heavy open-ocean crossing.

Paul Bond Fine Art

www.paulbondart.com




Sandy Vrooman

has been writing for a long time. Her first published work was in the National Anthology of High School Poetry. Then she won a hair dryer in the Woman's Day Beautiful Words Contest. After a hiatus including college, marriage(s) and a child, she found her voice again. She has short stories and poems published in Doorknobs and Bodypaint, Riverbabble, Canadian Zen Haiku, Juice, Autumn Leaves, Dances with words, 40 Plus, Poets Against the War, Moonset, World Haiku Review, and Atlas Poetica.

She is currently teaching art to kids through a city funded enrichment program and working on her book (isn't everyone?) She also writes as Kitsune Miko, a heian period Japanese courtesan, and Krystall Knobbs a wanna be Las Vegas show girl.




Robert J. Donaghey

http://www.artisticgenius.com/SacredArtSlideShow.html




Carly Gove

is an eccentric 14-year-old from South Jersey. She enjoys science, writing, art and music. She hopes to someday become a astrophysicist, glassblower, or poet, but mostly she just wants to spend the rest of her life learning more. Thanks for reading her poem.



Naze

http://naze-melnyk.deviantart.com/gallery/



Alex Chornyj

I am from Canada. I am a Reiki master teacher and as such my writing has an esoteric, spiritual accent to its influence. I have been published in books such as White Mountain Publications, in several magazines such as Articulations, The Tower Journal and The Canadian Federation Of Poetry; in online sources such as www.artistsforabetterworld.org , Decanto Magazine, Fashion For Collapse, Awaken Consciousness Magazine, Earthborne Magazine, Michael Solender's site at The Not, and in many blog talk radio spoken word programs such as Shaman's Hand and Poetry Super Highway. My address is xelanire@hotmail.com. I believe an inner consciousness creates a soul from which to see new shades of light. You can view my reiki information at www.jadeyogastudio.com



Erial Ali

Visionary Art
Celestial soul Portraits


http://www.erial.us/

http://erialsart.blogspot.com/

http://erial-ali.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/

http://dreamcatcher.net/dreamaster

http://www.facebook.com/erial.ali?ref=tn_tnmn

Planetess Lumia Tierra offers the two ingredients necessary to an Awakening World. The Biomorphic Fractal and the Crystal Soliton .:::.

One resonates with the earth and ground, the other with the electrical fields surrounding and penetrating everything in existence.

All is one within the duality of life.

We are Bio-Electric Batteries in a Sea of Love:::
- Book of Illumination by Erial Ali



Jude Cowell

Lifelong artist and Georgia native Jude Cowell creates both visionary and botannical illustrations in oil and watercolor pencil on paper.

Her online art galleries include: Cosmic Lilith Art, Cosmic Persona Designs, Dreamyfish Art, Sepia Art Theater, and Two Hours You'll Never Get Back (all on Blogspot). Plus, you are cordially invited to browse the Jude Cowell Art Shop at
zazzle.com/cowelljude if and as you wish! Jude also blogs on Politics through the lens of Astrology with a common good p.o.v. at Stars Over Washington and Jude's Threshold.
Visit:
www.starsoverwashington.com/
and www.judecowell.wordpress.com/

'Fairies Visit Goldfish Pond' is from my children's book, 'Pattillo Armadillo and the Dream of Green'.  Here's the link to my Gather story about it, 'Pattillo Armadillo: A Dummybook's Tale'

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474976828932

For queries, to offer feedback, or for ordering details, email artist at: judecowell@gmail.com



B. Lynn

if anyone would like to contact me, my email is bmtimework123@hotmail.com



Jane Olivier

born in Peterborough, Ontario, raised and spent most of her life in South Africa. She has travelled extensively throughout Africa on business, as a journalist and always a poet. Lived in Cambodia for two years where she built a children’s home and school, and since 2009 has been travelling the world attempting to make sense of it through words.



Renata Ratajczyk

is a Photographer and Visionary Artist who specializes in creating Spiritual Visionary portraits as well as in inspirational fantasy landscapes reflecting her deep connections with nature. Her background in Cultural Anthropology (Master’s degree), as well as an interest in spirituality and mythology, bring valuable insights and a unique style to her art. 

Her profound sensitivity to beauty, the mysteries and spirits of nature, other ethereal worlds, and her connection with the ancient past is also clearly visible in her work. 

Many of Renata’s artworks and photographs were internationally published (books, magazines, music CD covers, greeting cards, calendars, advertising) and exhibited. 

She hopes her artwork will inspire you and bring more beauty and spiritual awareness to the world. Also, that it will help in manifesting a new, much more peaceful, happy and respectful reality for all creations and the Earth.

Renata’s main website: www.lightvisionart.com
Stock photography archive and fine art prints: http://lightvision.photoshelter.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lightvisionart
Twitter: http://twitter.com/lightvisionart
Fine Art Store: Prints & Greeting cards - http://renata-ratajczyk.artistwebsites.com/index.html



Mel Erskine-Richmond

* * For landscape research membership details write to: 'EZR' at first-the-earth@hotmail.com

- with details of your prior research and interests. * *

We look forward to learning of your potential contribution, expertise, networks, and relevant experience, in shaping our views for an ideal - collectively happy, holistic, dynamic and fulfilling future.

* * For details, write to 'TALLSHIP' or 'ECO-CITIES' at:
first-the-earth@hotmail.com

MELCIR R. ERSKINE-RICHMOND
EARTH-SEA CARE:
first-the-earth@hotmail.com & METAFIELDS



Doly Garcia

My interest in photography started at the age of six, when my father began to entrust me with carrying the family camera on trips, explaining that it was a very valuable object that "cost more than yourself".  Because it was so delicate and expensive, I wasn't allowed to take any photos. I don't think anyone has ever come up with a better method to give a child a burning interest in photography.

I started to take photos with my mind very young. As soon as I had a little money in my early teens, one of my first buys was a cheap film camera. I soon discovered the limitations of film, especially when it came to rendering colour accurately. When digital cameras arrived, I was a quick convert. What I loved especially was that digital images offered an easy way into post-production. Since I had learned the hard way that photography doesn't reproduce accurately what we see in many ways, I changed my goal from trying to portray reality to trying to portray the impression a scene first gave me. That often meant transforming the picture until it couldn't be called a photograph any more, and it was rather digital art.

For years I did pictures for my own enjoyment only. My friends kept telling me that they loved the pictures on the calendar in my kitchen, and I was happy to simply gloat a little in front of them. When something of interest happened around town, sometimes I sent the pictures to the local paper, if I felt like it. Then, one day one of my pics made it to the front page, and a surprising number of people tracked me down on the web asking me for print copies. My friends made a chorus of "I told you so!" and convinced me to put a gallery up where anyone could get my pics if they wanted them. And here it is:


www.dolylightmagic.co.uk



Sara Deutsch

I am a multimedia artist, Creative Arts Therapist and teacher who explores "cyberalchemy", the computer as a tool for transformation. My journey led me into many worlds. I trekked alone in the Himalayas, and lived in virgin jungles of Hawaiian Islands, eating only fruit and wild vegetables. I draw from study in Psychobiology and East/West Psychology, years in a contemplative order, 27 years of teaching and creative explorations. In my extensive art portfolio at http://www.artwanted.com/Saraphael each painting is a blind date with the INFINITE UNKNOWN! I never knows what will happen, but listen to the mood and color of the moment.. You can see examples of interactive memory art, life portraits, and mandalas as well as art videos and experiments with the art of collaboration at the following links:
Art Videos: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/VisionsofSaramuse
Memory Art:  http://tellingyourstory.weebly.com/
Art of Collaboration: http://collaboralchemy.weebly.com/

Currently I am dreaming about finding or manifesting a Creative Sanctuary, a retreat center or school, with other artist/healers.

email address:
saramuse7@yahoo.com



Melissa MoonGoddess

I am deeply devoted to my "W"ork as a priestess of Gaia and of helping others learn about, tend, heal and nurture the earth, our home, so that our great-grandchildren's great-great grandchildren can enjoy clean air, pure water, and rich abundant life connected to the land and ecosystems where we live. Celebrating and honouring our connections with the earth and with each other are central to all I do. Poet, artist, singer and musician, I delight on helping others connect, create and nurture community, and live lives full of joy, gratitude and love. Give thanks to the Mother, Give thanks to the Earth, give thanks to the source of all life.

I am on Facebook and WitchVox.
Blessings of Compost and Chlorophyll, Compassion and Community.




BZ Niditch

is a poet, playwright, fiction writer and teacher. B.Z. Niditch's new poetry collections are "Lorca at Sevilla',"Terezin" and "Fugitive Poet". He enjoys playing jazz violin.

His work is widely published in journals and magazines throughout the world, including: Columbia: A Magazine of Poetry and Art; The Literary Review; Denver Quarterly; Hawaii Review; Le Guepard (France); Kadmos (France); Prism International; Jejune (Czech Republic); Leopold Bloom (Budapest); Antioch Review; and Prairie Schooner, among others.

He lives in Brookline, Massachusetts.



Cat Badger

currently lives and works in Pennsylvania, USA, where she has lived most of her life. She has painted for years as a freelance studio artist, mural and scenic artist. Her work is colorful, somewhat abstract, and often obsessive. Many of her paintings display elements of an alternate reality in a symbolically charged, constantly morphing scene of activity. Others are more sombre and meditative, and were created with a spiritual inspiration in mind.

I love to meet new people! If you'd like to get in touch, I use Evolver and Facebook, or you can email me at
catbadgerart@gmail.com or visit my website: www.catbadger.webs.com

about the mural:

This was painted as part of a collaborative mural, to be permanently displayed in the city of Michoacan, Mexico. Each of us painted a butterfly, and each butterfly was attached either to the main wall in town square, or to the adjacent homes and buildings. They are to represent individuals who have traveled throughout Mexico, and the flock of butterflies is the community as a whole.




Lovely Claire Dangalan

A Filipina currently working as a freelance feature writer (a.k.a. Lovely Claire Cachuela) and proofreader in Dubai. She is a consummate lover of the arts, especially literature. She taught Cultural Anthropology, Sociology, Humanities and Literature back in the Philippines. Her interests, aside from writing, include the environment, health & fitness, the culinary arts, social issues, world view and photography.
Blogs / Community Page:

http://faeriequeenebuknoy.wordpress.com/
http://enthymememyfootandothernonsense.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/ReduceYourCO2Footprint
On Twitter as:
AliceRedQueen
http://twitter.com/#!/aliceredqueen
RedCO2Footprint
http://twitter.com/#!/RedCO2Footprint



Jackie Edwards

Born in Croydon, London to Irish parents Jackie Edwards is now based in Rosslare Harbour, Co Wexford, Ireland. She has been painting since childhood and attended Dun Laoghaire School of Art and Design and has held and taken part in thirty exhibitions to date both group and solo.

Although she paints in a wide range of subjects, the main body of her work focuses on figurative and portraiture pieces, often using strong imagery with oil and egg tempera as her main medium.

Her paintings are realistic, they very often tell a story and show the essence of the subject.

The use of oil and egg tempera lends itself to a technique called the "Mische Technique" Egg tempera was the standard medium of European panel painting up to the fifteenth century. The process uses layers of thin oil glazes which transcend light through the opaque crosshatching of the tempera resulting in an illuminating quality to the finished piece. It is a classical method of painting that Jackie continuously strives to improve on.

"Joplin's Rose"
Oil/ Egg Tempera on Linen
92x59 cm

"Epona and the Dray"
Oil/ Egg Tempera on Panel
113x64 cm




Leland Auslender

Frozen in timeless beauty, Auslender’s Celestial Images reflect transcendental or “peak” experiences of our oneness with the mystical universe as we open ourselves to receive whatever it might offer…

glimpses of the glittering biodance,
visits by the mysterious Muse,
the cosmos as a cathedral,
fantasies… dreams,
ethereal angels,
mythical gods,
nature spirits,
love and
bliss.

Auslender’s photographs and films have been critically acclaimed at national and international exhibitions, including numerous one-man shows. His short film, "The Birth of Aphrodite" won the CINE Golden Eagle, the Atlanta International Film Festival Silver Phoenix, and was the official U.S. Entry for experimental films at the Cannes Film Festival.





Gerald Solomon

was born in London and studied English Literature at Cambridge University. After a short spell as sales assistant at a bookshop in London's Charing Cross Road he worked as a producer at the BBC. Subsequently becoming engaged in education, he helped found General Studies courses at Hornsey College of Art, and this led eventually to an enjoyable period teaching poetry courses at Middlesex University. He retired early in order to paint and write. His poems have appeared in numerous magazines in the USA and UK as he prepares his first collection. He is married, with four children, and lives in Manhattan.



Laurie Corzett/libramoon

seeking outlet for those crazy thoughtstreams, is always moving into new (or resurrected) projects, including Emerging Visions visionary art 'zine: http://emergingvisions.blogspot.com; Seers and Seekers Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seerseeker/; The Healing Dance Network Yahoo Group: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/healingdance/; Visionary Arts and Minds Tribe; theme-based chapbooks of her writings; an experimental metafiction, working title: Something Sacred http://caelastory.blogspot.com/; a (envisioned as) graphic novel (anyone want to do the graphics?), Acts of Desolation: http://caelastory.blogspot.com/2009_03_01_archive.html ; as well as her Utopian Flash Fiction Project -- series of flash fiction pieces around a federation of diverse villages each working out their methods of community life -- little dramatic impacts illustrating creative solutions to social problems: http://tribes.tribe.net/uff.

check out my book, Words from the Sky: http://www.lulu.com/libramoon ;
then, there's lunar ramblings:
http://lunaramble.blogspot.com

feel free to email me to discuss visions and art: libramoon42@mindspring.com



Jhana Bowen

"I aim to paint that which gives life meaning. Painting brings into the world that which is imagined. A world unseen. My intention is that as I remain focussed on conscious presence the artwork created carries a vibrational frequency which invokes the same presence. I see this as my life-purpose.

I seek to do this by making perceivable conscious intention in the fabric of my work. A combination of thick textural marks and a descriptive narrative that I use to assist reveal that the Physical world and the Spiritual world meet on the same surface. This surface relates to our sometimes seen and sometimes unseen world. A place where Spirit and Matter meet and dance."

Jhana was born in Sydney, Australia.
He lived for six years as a child in a Tibetan boarding school in the Indian Himalayas. His principal at school was the Dalai Lama's sister. These formative years of his life were remarkably influenced by Tibetan spirituality and culture.

Jhana continues to exhibit his works regularly. His works hang in many private collections around the globe. His passion for creativity drives him to share his love for art through workshops and classes and also to speak at public presentations. Jhana has written numerous articles on the nature of Creativity and Healing which have been featured in The Art of Healing Magazine, Byron Bay and The Living Now Magazine, Australia.

Jhana mentors people with a disability where he incorporates Massage, Yoga and Breath exercises within a creative context. He is currently studying Transpersonal Art Therapy in Brisbane Australia and aims to further expand on the depth of what he offers.

Jhana can be contacted by email
jhanabowen@gmail.com

my website
www.jhanabowen.com
my Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Integral-Arts/145594985476028



John-Arthur Ingram

johnarthur.ingram@me.com



Craig Blair

received his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. The many places that have displayed his work include the Bowling Green State University Planitarium, the Fort Wayne Museum of Art and the Center of Science and Industry in Toledo. His works can be found in private collections throughout the United States and in Europe. He was the show coordinator (and participating artist) of the International Surrealist Show 2006 in Spencer, Iowa. He serves as President of the Weston Arts Council.

Craig lives in Northwest Ohio with his wife, Alaire, and his daughter, Briana, where he is in the process of restoring a 100 year old house.
Visit Craig's web site at
www.surrealogic.com



Robert David Michael (Cerello)

was born in Glen Cove, Long Island, New York, and presently divides time between San Diego, CA, USA and Europe. He is an Objectivist philosopher and author. He graduated from Sayville High School, Pomona College, Laverne University's Teacher's program and holds an MA from the University of Virginia and an ESL certificate from S.D.S.U. He has written plays, novels, short stories, songs, screenplays, criticism, non-fiction, verse and poetry for forty years. He aspires to be a scientist of the arts and is well-known as a lecturer, actor, singer and teacher.







if you wish to contribute to a future issue, take a little trip to

Submission Guidelines ~~ http://emergingvisions.blogspot.com/2010/08/submission-guidelines.html

visit previous issues in the archives * *








<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?